We put together some tips on the best ways of getting to and leaving White Bay Cruise Terminal.
White Bay Cruise Terminal is located on Robert Street Rozelle on the foreshore of Sydney Harbour. On cruise ship days, access is via James Road and online cheap days access is via Robert Street Rozelle.
Running a cruise transfer company to White Bay Cruise Terminal every day, it can be a very difficult terminal to arrange transport and to get in and out of when starting a cruise or finishing a cruise.
There are few ways then it can be done:
- Taxi from Central Station to White Bay – Costs around $45
- Captain Cook Cruises runs a city ferry, which takes about 6 minutes and $9 per person one way. The difficulty with this is I have had feedback that it is hard to get your rather large heavy suitcases on and off the ferry for the short trip around to Circular Quay to catch public transport.
- Newcastle Connections runs a shuttle bus from White Bay Cruise Terminal to your door starting from $75 and group discounts are always available.
Please note there is also no public transport that runs to White Bay Cruise Terminal so there is no public bus or light rail available
If you are disembarking from your cruise ship, I would strongly suggest booking a taxi in advance, as the line to get a taxi can be quite long in the busy period early in the morning.
White Bay Cruise Terminal also has a coffee shop for drinks, coffee and cakes and clean toilets if required.
It is an easy Terminal to get picked up and dropped off at, as it is well laid out and has a good structure. The security guards and traffic attendants are always helpful to professional drivers like myself and I find it easy to navigate White Bay Cruise Terminal. The following Cruise Lines commonly use white Bay Cruise Terminal:
- P&O Cruise Lines
- Holland America – on occasions if Circular Quay is booked
- Princess Cruise lines on dependent ships
If you are cruising with Royal Caribbean Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, Carnival Cruises, Cunard Cruises or Norwegian Cruise Line, these ships do not fit under the harbour bridge so are unable to use White Bay Cruise Terminal.
Enjoy your cruise and remember, Newcastle Connections takes the hassle out of getting to Circular Quay or White Bay for your next cruise.